Paragonís Value Proposition to the WLAN Chipsets Market
Transmitting WLAN signals from Laptops and PDAs is always subject to battery power and range restrictions.
Paragonís technology potentially allows:
* Doubling of PA use-time in PDAs (enabling technology for 802.11a & 802.11g)
* ~40% increase in the transmission range in Laptops
* The ability to incorporate the RF front-end and the power amplifier into a single chip
* Using a single 1.8V power source and decreasing power consumption without degrading performance
* Decreasing the amount of silicon to reduce chip cost
The above achievements are due to the fact that WLAN uses Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) modulation, for which increase of amplifier dynamic range is essential.